I am referring to the cookbook we all own:
If you do not own this cookbook, go get your copy here and FAST because you are missing out! You are not only missing out on great recipes, but on the time you save with using your slow cooker.
My mom gave me this cookbook years ago (Thanks again Mom!!!) and I have never looked to update or, gosh forbid, sending it to the rummage pile. There are so many recipes to try. I write dates and comments after each taste testing.
You can blindly pull meat out of the freezer and guaranteed you will find a recipe in this book to use!
Be creative and add things to make it your own too, but be sure to write it down for the next time!!
Perfect Pork Chops
Brenda Pop, Dundee, OH
2 small onions
2 3/4-inch thick, boneless. pork chops, frozen (mine are thawed already) Oops...
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 chicken bouillon cube
1/4 cup hot water
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard with white wine
fresh parsley springs, or lemon slices, optional (thank goodness!!)
1. Cut off ends of onions and peel. Cut onions in half crosswise to make 4 thick "wheels."
Place in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Sear both sides of frozen chops in heavy skillet. Place in cooker on top of onions. Sprinkle with pepper.
3. Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water. Stir in mustard. Pour into slow cooker.
4. Cover. Cook on High 3-4 hours.
5. Serve topped with fresh parsley sprigs or lemon slices if desired.
Wah-lah!! Tah-dah!! That's all folks!!
But.....here is my question: It asks for prepared mustard with white wine but I have never heard or seen this item, have you? My vision is add the prepared mustard as stated in Step 3 with one hand while drinking the white wine with the other hand!?! Just an option.....