August 3, 2010

GREAT WEEKEND!

I dont know where to start....

We had an exciting weekend with some great friends and what an adventure that was.

Started out with a broken lantern, forgetting all the freezer foods and a raccoon robbery in the early morning hours! Im not sure who was more scared when me met eyes, the raccoon or me.

Our weekend continued on with replenishing the food first, then off to do a bit of shopping (I found some great deals and spent a bit more then planned) and then back to our campsite to meet up with some friends. Before they arrived, Charlie and I caught the last train (insert me singing the Monkees) that takes 100 yr. old tracks to Mandan and back.  I love trains so the ride was a blast and so relaxing.

In come our friends in their shiny, new camero (yes, I giggled at them for camping in a camero, but what a nice car) and off we go to attempt to find the outdoor play. Needless to say, my cell phone kicked the crud out of their fancy map system.  LOL! 20 miles later we are to late for the play and sitting at Buffalo Wild Wings laughing about it all.
Saturday brought us a great campfire breakfast and an even greater lunch on a riverboat. We had the best seat of the house!!!  We finished just before the rain came in. Checked into the hotel and off to Hobby Lobby before ending the night on a great meal.

Before heading home on Sunday we did a bit more shopping and purchased our first wedding item: Charlie's shirt.  I dont think I have ever been more excited to have bought a shirt.  :)

Was a great weekend with great friends!
Now it is back to work and playing catch up, but in the end it was all worth it and cant wait for our next adventure (minus the raccoon robbery please.)

TJB

No comments:

Post a Comment