June 26, 2010

WHAT DO YOU CALL......


a town that gathers along Main Street in hopes of catching the first glimpse and last laugh at Ugly Muthas? No, really!

Around here we call it St. John Days. Last night was the kick off with a pet parade, Ugly Mutha contest and karaoke. Today is the pancake feed, parade, kiddie rodeo and closing with a live band downtown.

Lucky me, I get to be the local media and cover each more exciting then the next event. Overall, it is nice to see the hustle and bustle of the small community. My fingers are crossed so the rain will hold off until after the parade. I can now leave the sunscreen at home, but NEVER forget the bug spray. Think they will ever come out with a purse size OFF spray? Hmmm.....wait dont tell anybody that idea, I will be a millionaire, just think about it!!!!

Well, off with my million dollar idea and family in tow to the exciting St. John Days. Happy Saturday to all!

TJB

No comments:

Post a Comment