October 24, 2011

IMAGINATION GONE WILD

My curiousity and imagination always get the better of me when I get to walk amongst history. 

CEO and I went camping this weekend on his family farm.  His great-grandfather was the original homesteader.  I can just see him bumping along the fields on these old wheels.  Coming home from the fields just in time to put the horses away and make it to the dinner table while the food is still warm.

Back then, air conditioning was a breeze while you road behind the horse and if you were lucky it stayed fresh.....if you know what I mean.

They were tough people back then, but also had short, hard worked lives. 

Where does your imagination take you??




We are not makers of history. We are made by history.
Martin Luther King, Jr.



Stay tuned for more farm news....

2 comments:

  1. Love those pictures, little farm on the prairie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a winter version of your top pict from when Charlie & I were in 4H. Lots of memories. :)

    ReplyDelete